12/18/2011

Blue & Green Gradient Mani

This was my very first attempt at sponging on a gradient mani.  I was actually inspired by a nail polish by Ozotic, #506, a blue to purple to copper multichrome polish.  I first saw it here, at Chalkboard Nails, one of my favorite nail blogs.

Anyway, I thought, hmmmm....maybe I could get a sort of duochrome look using 2 colors?  Again, using just the inspiration from the blue & purple shown on her nails, I switched out the purple for green and gave it a shot.




3 Polishes used for this mani:

"Envy" by Ulta
"Yoga-ta Get This Blue" by OPI
"Strapless" by Pure Ice

Other supplies you will need readily available...set it all out before you get started!

* a scrap of either tin foil or wax paper (which I am starting to prefer over the foil)
*either a foam eyeshadow applicator or a snippet of a cosmetic wedge or sponge.  I only use my applicators one time; I don't bother trying to clean and reuse foam.
*Qtips & nail polish remover in case you need to do a little cuticle cleanup


Now, let's begin!

*Start with 1 coat of Black (any basic black creme formula)

* Apply 1 thick coat of Envy (the emerald green shade)

* Apply 1 coat of Seche Vite


* I poured a quarter-sized amount of Yoga-Ta Get This Blue onto a piece of tin foil.

* I added Strappless blue glitter and mixed well with a bobby pin

* Next I dipped a cheap eyeshadow applicator sponge into the blue concoction and soaked up a good amount of polish (don't over-soak!)

*starting at the tips, sponge on the blue using a heavier hand at the very tips, and lightly blending downwards to about the middle of your nail.

*if you get too much polish on a spot, just blot, blot, blot with the other side of the sponge to soak it up and blend it in.

 * Add a thick coat of Seche Vite, and viola! A gorgeous blue/green gradient mani!

You can do this with ANY 2 colors.....see?!



Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment