12/21/2011

Matte Glitter Mani

So last night I was sitting at my desk, feeling tired and uninspired.  I wanted to paint my nails, but drew a complete blank on color, design, etc.  So, I got out my Black on Black and laid my base coat, hoping something would come to mind while it was drying.  I noticed my bottle of What's Your Name by Sinful Colors sitting on my desk, which is black with tiny, superfine electric-blue glitter, and figured I'd start with that.  Maybe just a coat or two and be done with it for today.

Now, I know for some women, the word "glitter" conjures up images of...how shall I say this politely....ladies of the evening, floor-to-ceiling poles, pasties....you get the idea.  *wink* *wink*!  But glitter isn't just for holiday parties and street-walking....oh, no.  Glitter can be "classy" (that word always makes me LOL just a bit!) if done right! 



OK, so on goes my What's Your Name.  I can't really see the glitter unless I hold my nails a few inches from my face.  Hmmm....no.  Not the look I was going for.  I'm a little down tonight, so I want something cheerful and noticeable.  Back to my nail polish rack I go...

I see it there - my Sinful Colors bottle of Nail Junkie.  Blue & green glitter.  Yes.  This is what I need tonight!  On go 2 coats (glitter polish typically requires at least 2 coats to get a decent, even coverage of glitter on the nail).  And now for my Seche Vite top coat.  I count to 50, nails are dry and done.  Basically satisfied for now, but knowing I'm going to take it all off in the morning anyway, I get ready to start my nightly reading before bed.

And then in walks my husband Jerry.

He takes a look at my nails, decides they're kinda "meh" and proclaims "put some Matte on them!"  Why, yes!  Yes, I think I shall!  Two minutes later, we were both satisfied with my masterpiece. 

I forgot to take pics as I went, but mainly because I wasn't planning on making a post about this mani.  After it was done, I liked how the matte looked and decided to post it.  I took a few pics with the different bottles I used...here they are:



Not the most exciting mani in the world, but hey....not bad for 10:00 at night, with zero inspiration, either!  :-D  What do you think?  Would you wear this combo?


No comments:

Post a Comment