12/19/2011

ULTA Brand Nail Polish Review

Well, I discovered ULTA.  Up until a couple months ago, I swore Sephora was the best cosmetics store out there, and really it still is, but in my world, ULTA is poised to take over the #1 spot.  I had never been to an ULTA before, and I must've been walking around with my mouth open and tongue hanging out, because a sales clerk approached me and said "first time shopping with us?"  "YES!" I proclaimed with the excitement of a kid in a candy store, eyes wide as saucers.  And with that, I wandered off to stand and stare in awe at the big Mario Badescu display, rejoicing in my newfound knowledge that no longer would I have to order my Badescu stuff online from their salon in Manhattan anymore....oh joy!

OK, so as I'm wandering around, I see a "buy one get one free" sign over the ULTA brand products.  They clearly speak my language.  I go to investigate, and there it is....a big display of every color polish you can imagine, bottled up in sleek, dare I say sexy, bottles.  The skies opened up....huge rays of sunshine poured down on the bottles...harps were playing and angels were singing!  $6.00 each...buy one get one free.  Now they're $3.00/bottle.  Oh. My. Lord.  My brain short-circuted.  I needed a minute to compose myself.



I start grabbing bottles with wild abandon.  My hands are too small...where do I put them all?  My bra??  Too lumpy.  My pockets?  Too shoplifty.  I spot a basket...I'm afraid to put down my loot to fetch it - surely someone will see all the awesome shades I picked and take them!   Again, I compose myself and grab a basket.  I picked 4 shades and sped all the way home to try them out.

Holy. Cow.  INSTANT OPACITY with one coat!  The creamiest, smoothest formula ever to glide over my nails.  And the COLORS!!  Oh my!  "Envy" (5th from the left) is a rich emerald green that just blew my mind 10 times over.  Little Black Dress (last on the right) was a huge score too....black with tiny silver flecks.  Bottle 1/3 empty after just 2 months!  No chipping...no shrinking...no nothing.  Just pure perfection!!

China Glaze is currently my favorite brand, but I gotta tell you...ULTA is quickly catching up.  This stuff is amazing...please get yourself to ULTA and try at least one!!



No comments:

Post a Comment