12/18/2011

Subtle Holiday Glitter Mani


Since I'm not big on little Santas, wreaths, trees, etc., on nails, I decided to take a different approach.  Now I am NOT knocking little Santas and little trees - they're just not for me.  Glitter, however IS FOR ME, so here we go!



I started with 1 thick coat of Black on Black by Sinful Colors
I added 2 thick coats of Call You Later (green & gold glitter) by Sinful Colors
I applied 1 thick coat of Seche Vite and let it dry for about 2 minutes


Finished product?  Oh, I think not.  I can never leave well enough alone.  So I painted over the glitter with Matte About You by Essie:








Looks pretty cool, no?  I love how it tones down the shininess of the glitter!  But again, since I can't leave well enough alone, I used Seche Vite and made shiny "French" tips!  I'm loving this look...perfect for the holidays without being too Christmas-y.  The end result:



 so....do you love it or hate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment